Materuni tour, Materuni is a tribal village home to the Chagga tribe near Kilimanjaro National Park. Chemka hot spring (kikuletwa maji moto) known locally as Kikuletwa Hotsprings, is a paradisiac oasis offering captivating, Bounty-styled views, crystal-clean hot water, and dense vegetation around.
Talk with an expert
Customize any aspect of your trip.
Tanzania: +255 686 371 755
Day to Day Itinerary
You’ll be picked from your Hotel in Arusha and drive to moshi for 2 hrs and reach Materuni. Materuni is still an authentic tribal village home to the Chagga tribe and the last village before Kilimanjaro National Park.
Upon arrival, visit the waterfalls on the way, learn about the culture of the Chagga, village life, and the surrounding fauna and flora with your guide. With luck you can see kilimanjaro ice cap.
When you reach the waterfalls, marvel at cascades that are more than 80-meters (262-feet) high.
Experience a traditional Chagga lunch and have the opportunity to taste the local banana Next, the coffee experience awaits you.
Learn how coffee is cultivated, dried, roasted, and further processed. Receive an invitation to help with the grinding of the coffee, which is traditionally accompanied by Chagga songs and dances — a fun way to immerse yourself in the local culture. Savor the coffee you made and appreciate the views of the surrounding rainforest.
Later drive back to Arusha.
Includes the following:
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks(As specified in the day-by-day section)
Excludes the following:
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees